My most successful project is the bloody hand I created. I thought it was so creative and unique due to the fact that I wanted it to represent the violence of El Salvador. I love the colors I used on it , the way the blood seemed so real , and the way I setted it up.
My least successful project was my proportion project . I think I could have done better in the drawing. Be a little more detailed and try to match more the lady on the mirror. I could have used more colors and made it seemed better.
Harbor Scene with St. Paul's Departure from Caesarea:
1. My first reaction was WOW ! It really amazed me the fact the person who did this piece of art took their time in doing everythinf little detail on there ; then I was like okay this is super interesting it represents something powerful ; What I didn't like about this art work would probably be how some parts arn't very clear but other than that I liked it.
2. My first reaction was WHY? Why the broke glass? What happened? What does this represent I had so many questions ; then I was like ok I can kind of get an idea about what this could try to represent ; there is nothing I don't like about this piece of art , it is nice and you can tell the work put in.
The Seine at Giverny, Morning Mists
3. My first reaction when I saw this art work was What is this? All I thought I saw was random colors ; then I was like this is beautiful ! I looked more at the picture and saw it was a reflection of trees and water ; I loved the artwork.
For my proportion project I decided to draw this young women looking at herself in the mirror. As she looks at herself she thinks about how she'll look in a future and she isn't really happy about as you can tell by her face expression. In the mirror she sees an old women with wrinkles and with a bigger body weight.
What is Juxtaposition?
- Juxtaposition is two objects/things put together that you don't usually see together creating a contrasting effect.
For example in the images attached: It's not an everyday thing to see giant roots growing from the bottom of a house, a mother feeding their child with something thats used to put gasoline in a car, a big bottle dripping water into a tiny person walking by, and clouds going into a cup making it look like water is being poured, etc...
What is texture?
- Texture is the perceived surface quality of a work of art.
Here are some examples I got from around my school Apex High that showed texture ..
Fake. Why are you fake? What is fake? Does fake hurt? Is fake beautiful or ugly?
I decided to do this project because it came to me how could someone or something be fake or act so fake? What is the point of being fake? The word fake brings up so many questions.
I grabbed a bag of Ruffle chips and I painted some chips different colors then the original color. Then I mixed them all together and saw the reaction of people of how they see how fake and real some chips are thinking they are all real.
Art is a way to to express or use your imagination in a creative way anyone could think. Art comes in very different ways such as Paintings, Sculpturing, Literature , etc... So, is art without meaning decoration? In my opinion, I believe all art has a meaning, no matter how small it does and it sometimes always represents something, maybe one who doesn't necessarily means anything or isn't trying to represent anything is a decoration. Decoration could be anything.
The element I used was color. For my hand I did alot of mixture of different colors to get a great and more realistic visual of what a dead or injured hand would look like.
I used red wire to make it look like blood is going everywhere . I used Yeso to put on my own hand to create the hand figure for my project. Cut off the middle finger. I used paint to make the hand look realistic.
I chose to do this bloody hand for my project because of what is going in the country where my parents are from, El Salvador. There is way too much violence and as off right now it's the world's most violent country. Not a day passes by where in the news it say's that gang members have killed innocent people.